For more than 30 years, the NUS Business School has designed and delivered high impact customised executive education programmes. Our clients are blue-chip global companies from across the globe and Asia, and our programmes are delivered today in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Jakarta, Manila, Colombo, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo, Sydney, Wellington and Bangalore.
Our instructional design process begins with acquiring an in-depth knowledge of the corporation's organisation and culture, business objectives and strategic direction. With this understanding, we develop a customised curriculum to meet specific learning objectives for sustained impact.
We utilise lectures, case studies, experiential exercises, group projects, cross-cultural sharing, assessment tools, and external facilitators such as occupational psychologists to add varying dimensions to the learning experience and sustain impact. The content addresses the current marketplace realities as well as future requirements and trends that can affect competitive advantage.
From design to delivery, our customised programmes are grounded in the world class expertise of the NUS Business School's faculty. As an integrated learning partner, NUS Business School will work with you to transfer knowledge across your businesses to enhance your capabilities, and enable your organisation to leverage on cutting edge management practices to scale new heights.
Financial Times 2016 Exec Ed Rankings: Custom Programmes
In 2016, NUS Business School was ranked 12th globally and 1st in South East Asia in the Financial Times ranking of customised Executive Education programmes. It is the only Singaporean university ranked.
1. Understanding the organisation's mission, vision, value and learning needs2. Initial discussions and programme proposal3. Confirmation of partnership4. Operational planning and development of programme materials
5. Programme delivery6. Debrief and feedback from stakeholders and participants7. Programme design and content refined for future runs
- Leadership and Strategy in a Globalised Economy
- Innovation as an Organisational Competence
- Managing Global and Virtual Teams
- Cultural Intelligence and Managing Diversity
- Leadership Development & People Management
- Strategy Implementation & Leading Change
- Negotiation & Influencing Skills
- Performance Management & Talent Development
- Strategic Branding Paradigms
- Services Marketing & Management
- Building a Customer-Centric Organisation
- Cash Flow, Valuation & Risk Management
- International Project & Investment Analysis
- Earnings Quality Management
- Supply Chain Integration & Operational Excellence